A membership site for functional dietitians.
The Ultimate Functional Nutrition Resource
End the overwhelm and feel confident seeing clients with access to The Functional Nutrition Library.
70+ notes with functional nutrition recommendations for various conditions.
Notes on all 170 MRT-tested foods and chemicals that you can easily share with clients.
Database of 1,000+ LEAP-friendly foods with ingredients & links listed right on the site!
How to interpret labs like micronutrient, hormone, or food sensitivity testing.
How to address nutrient deficiencies, including supplement brands and dosages.
Comprehensive guides for helping clients on special diets like keto, GF, or low histamine.
Plus 4 mini e-courses
Understanding Adverse Food Reactions
In this course you’ll learn:
- The 3 main types of adverse food reactions.
- How they differ in symptoms and physiology.
- How to test for allergies.
- The critical role dietitians can play in allergy management.
- Why understanding food sensitivities is a huge advantage for dietitians in private practice.
- A summary of the various food sensitivity tests, and which one is the best choice.
- How to order food sensitivity testing for your clients.
- How dietitians can help clients manage food sensitivities and feel dramatically better in just 2 weeks.
- How an intolerance differs from allergies and sensitivities.
- How to test for food intolerances.
- How dietitians can help people manage their intolerances.
- A summary of less frequent types of adverse food reactions.
- What to watch for in case someone has one of these types.
- An overall game plan for your clients when you suspect adverse food reactions of some kind.
The main goal of this quickstart e-course is to give you the information you need to feel confident advising clients on adverse food reactions, and give them a clear path to feeling better.
Inside Look: Life as a Certified LEAP Therapist
In this course you’ll learn:
- Exactly what a CLT is, and what LEAP & MRT mean.
- An inside look at how long I took to do the CLT training, and what to expect.
- What types of clients I use MRT/LEAP for the most.
- How I use my website and Healthprofs.com to land clients.
- How to coordinate everything virtually, so you can work with clients remotely.
- Exactly what I include in my food sensitivity package, and how I space my appointments.
- An overview of the tech I use to hold virtual sessions and email securely (for free).
- My favorite resources to troubleshoot difficult clients.
- A better understanding of why CDR stopped giving CEUs for the CLT training, and the controversy surrounding it.
You’ll also get:
- A transcript of exactly what I say to clients during my 15-minute free discovery call.
- Copies of the email templates I use after a discovery call to get the ball rolling.
- A downloadable template for collecting killer testimonials.
The main goal of this quickstart e-course is to give you the information you need to feel confident using MRT/LEAP in your practice and in a virtual setting.
Which EHR Is Right for Me?
In this e-course you’ll learn:
- The 7 most popular nutrition-specific EHRs.
- The other popular non-nutrition-specific platforms.
- A FULL comparison of Healthie, Kalix, Practice Better, and NutriAdmin.
- We will examine differences in:
- Free trials
- Telehealth options
- Mobile apps
- Secure messaging
- Client portals
- Referral programs
Plus the following bonuses:
- A downloadable table that compares ALL the above features for Healthie, Kalix, Practice Better, and NutriAdmin.
- Access to an additional Excel spreadsheet with notes on the non-nutrition-specific platforms.
- Links to all of the documentation sections and YouTube channels for these platforms.
- Affiliate links for all the platforms so you can save some money & I can earn credits or compensation as well! (No pressure to use them, but they’re there if you want them)
This course is NOT:
- An interactive guide to the EHRs with video (just audio & pictures).
- Affiliated in any way with any of these platforms (aside from the affiliate links). I have no personal relationships with any of them.
The main goal of this quickstart e-course is to give you the information you need to get started with the right EHR for you ASAP.
Review of the Best Functional Nutrition Trainings and Resources
In this mini e-course we’ll review:
- 7 different ways you can learn about functional nutrition.
- The main similarities and differences between the online certification options (so you can pick the best one for you).
- We will examine differences in:
- You’ll also learn about the 2 most popular 100% ONLINE masters degree programs in functional nutrition.
- Low-cost membership sites that offer functional nutrition education & resources.
- The most popular annual conferences to attend (or view recordings of).
- My favorite places to find free online webinars.
- Lots and lots of books and podcasts to enjoy in your free time!
The main goal of this mini e-course is to help you find the best functional nutrition resources for YOU.
What we offer
1. Peace of mind. Never feel caught off guard with a client’s question again.
2. Instant answers. Search this library any time from your phone, tablet, or computer.
3. Quality information. Notes are updated bi-weekly with new information and references.
4. Info for clients. Easily print these notes to share with clients.
5. Affordable learning. Teach yourself about functional nutrition, without a pricey course.
Who Is the FNL For?
- Dietitians who are interested in learning about functional nutrition, but can’t yet afford an expensive course.
- Busy RDs who want evidence-based resources that will save them time with clients.
- Practitioners who dig deeper for the root causes of symptoms, rather than provide bandaid solutions.
- Those looking to keep up with with current research, without taking notes themselves.
- Certified LEAP Therapists who want to expand their knowledge and help their clients beyond LEAP.
What Our Members Say
“The Functional Nutrition Library is a life saver! So much time has been saved and I know I can trust that the information is accurate!”
“I used the e-courses to make a huge decision about which EMR to use for my private practice. I can’t recommend it enough!”
“The FNL is a great resource to check on any topic, disease, or supplement, with references from many sources!”
“I am so glad I purchased the annual membership and plan to renew it every year.”
“I always find something interesting that I haven’t found before. It’s a good refresher for things I’m studying in functional medicine.”
“One of my favorite parts is the brand-name list of LEAP-friendly foods. I use it so much with my LEAP clients!”
“The FNL gives me confidence as a new dietitian. It’s a well-organized and detailed resource for research-based information!”
“I’ve been amazed with the amount of research done to cover each topic.”
How It Works
1. Choose your plan. Pay monthly or annually, whichever you prefer. Save 16% ($29.98) with annual membership.
2. Sign up. Become a member by signing up at the bottom of this page.
3. Create your account. You will be prompted to set up a username and password as part of the sign-up process.
4. Receive email confirmation. Once you are a member, you’ll receive an email with log in instructions.
5. Enjoy the library! Log in and enjoy the library notes and e-courses. Unlimited access as long as you’re a member.